Monday, July 23, 2012

SWAP, SWAP, SWAP!

One of my most favorite parts about convention is swapping.  You make cards and switch cards with other demonstrators.  I was in three organized swaps and made one general swap.  I made over 300 cards, with the help of my niece, and two of my friends!  My new friend Sandy (love you Sandy) made over 1200!  And i helped in the lobby on Wednesday night (in my jammies, i might add :) )  Here are my cards... :)

The first one was for the swap -- Card that moves or fancy fold... you can't really see it, but about the cherry is a ribbon to pull which makes the cherry slide up.  I used bashful blue and gumball green and I even embossed with cherry scented embossing powder.  I heart this new gumball green stitched satin ribbon!!! :)

 The next one is my masculine swap.  I used old olive and night of navy and some very vanilla.  The stamp set is Horse Frontie and I picked it because I want to later use the stamp set to make some thank you cards for my patients at Assiniboia Downs horse track where I work part time.  Ooo... I also used the new argyle folder to add some depth to the background...  Love it!
This next on is my wow swap.  I used the shaving cream technique and just remembered that I didn't order more glimmer paper....  Oh well... next time!  Tanya cut out all the top of the cupcake/cone with a scallop circle die, and embossed all the cones/cupcakes holders with the square lattice embossing folder.  My niece tied all the ribbons and punched the cherry.  Did I mention we had to make 161 of these?!  It was a little intense.  I plan to post a video in the next few weeks of the shaving cream technique.  It's a little messy but tons of fun.  The cupcake/ice cream part pulls up to reveal a piece of coordinating cardstock layered with whisper white for you to write your message on.

 The last card I'm sharing today is my general swap... It was a modification of what was supposed to be my wow card, and I wasn't 100% happy with it, but people were very nice.  I used the Open Sea stamp set and whisper white and marina mist card stock. 
The cards I received I return were pretty astounding and I haven't gone through them all, but i'll post some cute ones soon...  In the meantime, if you're interested in learning how to do this, joining a class, or ordering some products, let me know...  You can also shop online and have the order delivered to your home! :)  Just click the shop online button! :)

I know, you're still reeling about the fact that I posted two days in a row! :)

Have a fabulous day
Love Lea

No comments: