I had the opportunity to attend Stampin' Up's annual convention down in Salt Lake City, Utah. This is the fourth convention I've attended and this one was absolutely crazy and exhausting. There is usually (thanks for finding my typo Kate!) about 3500 people in attendance. This year there was close to 6000. Yep I'm serious. Soooo many people. I went down with part of the "upside downline" and we had an awesome time! It was a whirlwind of swaps, shopping, laughing and lots of standing in line. The lines were looooooong this year and holy some of the demonstrators were GRUMPY and the thought that they might have to wait in line. Yeah it was annoying but I met some of the neatest people. Shout out to new friends Connie and Andrea (candy crush forever!!) and Donna and Kym from California!!!!
Now for my WOW! swap!!! Here it is! :)
So here's how I made it:
I took a piece of 8.5" x 11" marina mist cardstock and cut it so it was 8.5" x 8.5". I scored at 2 1/4", 4 1/4", and 6 1/4".
I then cut a diagonal line from 2 1/4" from the first panel to 6 1/4" on the last panel. I hope that makes sense. I actually did measure the first one and then eyeballed the other 75 as I had to make 75 of them. You will end up with two pieces and one side will be 2 1/4" and the other side will be 6 1/4" .
I folded along the 4 1/4" score line and cut a slit halfway up the 2 1/4" and 6 1/4" score line on one piece and halfway down on the two score lines on the other piece. The two pieces of cardstock just slide together then. I then ran the folded card through the big shot with the polka dot embossing folder to add some interest and stuck the candles on. The candles were made with silver glimmer paper and the wing from the bird punch.
I added some rhinestones and a ribbon to finish it off and was really happy with the end result. :)
I hope this makes sense! Feel free to email me if you have any further questions.
Thanks for stopping by and keep on stampin'! :) When in doubt, add some adhesive. Adhesive solves all our problems!